Wednesday, July 7, 2010

What's a good price for tent rental?

I'd like to rent a tent for my wedding and I know nothing about it. Just want an average price so I dont go over board, I want something nice but I dont want it to be outrageous. I'm counting on about 100-150 people.What's a good price for tent rental?
It's an expensive indulgence for a wedding. If you have not other options and need the extra space at a specific venue then go for it. If you can avoid it at all, do so. Do you really want your wedding in a circus tent? Even if it's white, it's still just a circus tent. Very tacky. You need to be ready to shell out for a waterproof rain tent in case of rain. And don't forget walls to block wind and spraying rain in that event. Now that you've blown that much, it's time to decorate. Lights, lights and more lights. Curtains, hundreds upon hundreds of yards of fabric to dress it up so it looks mildly romantic. Now, chandeliers so it looks a little bit elegant and less like a tent. By the time you're done, you'll wonder why you didn't just take the grand ballroom of the biggest hotel in town. Your call but I would always steer people away from a tent. What's a good price for tent rental?
I rented a large tent and it was about $600. They gave options for lighting, walls that closed in case of bad weather, etc. All the add-ons will change the price. Look into the rental companies near where you live and call them for pricing. Depending on what the tent is for, you may need to rent a floor as well. I did and it looked great.
I didn't rent a tent but I would start calling around to some of the party rental places in your general area and ask for their costs on different tent sizes (they'll be able to tell you around what size you need for that number of people), if they deliver to your area, and delivery pricing.

No comments:

Post a Comment